Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Journal - Miss Representation


I absolutely loved being able to view this documentary in class. I had never heard of it before, and not that I’ve seen it, I have begun to realize and see how much the media and society puts down women. Every time I watch a movie or tv show, I notice that nearly every episode or film portrays a man as the protagonist.  Also, the way society portrays how women should look is sad. I believe in a healthy lifestyle, but being skin and bones is not a very healthy way. I hate seeing girls starve themselves from a sustaining meal to try to lose weight. I know for myself that if I’m healthy and doing well, then the society’s opinion shouldn’t bother me. Sadly, not all girls have this viewpoint. I want to help these girls understand what true values are: honesty, purity, trustworthiness, love, kindness, etc. These are all things that are on the inside, where the true person is, and it’s what matters the most in my opinion. I’m not sure how I’m going to pull this feat off yet, but I hope to begin with my own example.

No comments:

Post a Comment