Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Waiting for Superman

  Although I cannot not directly relate to the film, I thoroughly enjoyed the insight it provided. My whole life I have been sent to private, Christian schools. All my teachers have been devout Christians so I’ve never even had to deal with unruly or rude teachers. I’ve never had to take an FCAT or had the chance to wear what I want to school (kind of a big deal to a teenage girl). My mom has had friends that teach in the public school system, and they say they want out due to confusing decisions made by the board. Some have said that it’s impossible to gain classroom control, making them look like they are bad teachers while in actuality it’s the students. From what I’ve heard and understood, the teacher is graded on how their students score. If they distribute the information effectively and clearly, why should it be on the teachers if their students choose not to apply the information? I’d love to see the public school systems excel, but there are just so many problems to sort through before we can start heading in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment